Thursday, November 06, 2008

Faux Coral Beads


I made some faux coral beads using the instructions in Tory Hughes' book, The Chameleon Clay. I made them a little more misshapen than Tory's examples. I like the natural look of the odd shapes. This is my first batch, I'm sure when I make them again I will tweak the recipe and shapes even more.

If you want to make your own coral, turquoise, jade, ivory, or other natural beads, consider making your own out of polymer clay. Think how much money you'll save by buying a bit of polymer instead of buying the real thing!





2 comments:

PolymerClayTutor said...

It is a great book isn't it! I like your chunky version of these beads! ~Cindy Lietz

Unknown said...

Cindy, yes I love Tory's book, I have had more fun with her book than just about any other polymer book own. And that's saying a lot, because there are a lot of nice polymer books out there!